If you’re new to the world of fishing, it’s always best to learn about the different types of fishing equipment as well as the techniques for a successful catch. In this article, we’ll talk about the pros and cons of the Shimano Stradic 4000 review.
To give you a clearer picture on what type of equipment you should use, we’ll discuss the different types of fishing reels available in the market. Some reels are better suited or beginners like you while others are more appropriate for the advanced and more experienced fishermen.
This will help guide you on what kind of reel you think may work best for you. With a little research, you’ll be better informed when it comes to making the right decision.
Also Read : The 10 Best Baitcasting Reels Reviewed
The Different Types of Fishing Reels
Here’s a quick overview on the different types of fishing reels.
A spinning reel is also referred to as an open-faced reel. This is perhaps the most popular choice for both beginner and advanced fishermen. This type of reel has a variety of functions and uses, at the same time, an array of options to choose from. Most anglers find this very useful for their everyday use.
The reel is located on the bottom of the rod unlike other reels where it is the exact opposite and is built on top. It is easier to identify a spinning reel rod just by the size and look of its guides. The guides appear bigger in order to make up for the large fishing line loops.
Another factor that makes it attractive to most anglers is its ease of use. This tool is fairly easy to operate and use. They are built small making it suitable for catching small and medium-sized fishes. You can use it in various types of water systems as well as a variety of species.
This is perhaps the easiest type of reel making it a good choice for first timers. All you have to do is press the button and get your bait in the water. It’s simple, easy, and requires no extra effort. Another plus factor is the affordability of this tool.
On the downside, though it may be less expensive compared to other reels, do not expect to have a high-quality reel. Since this tool is more inclined towards beginners, it may be more appropriate for advanced anglers to use other types of reels to catch bigger fishes.
A baitcasting reel is the most cutting-edge among the rest of the reels. It is also referred to as a conventional reel. When it comes to form factor, a baitcasting reel is built with a durable and strong body. It can also accommodate thicker forms of line.
This equipment may be the best choice for catching big and powerful fishes. However, it may be more difficult to control. The price range of a baitcaster varies. It can be expensive or cheaper.
The Shimano Stradic 4000 Review
The Shimano Stradic 4000 reel is tailored for more serious fishing action. It is packed with a larger line capacity to assist you better in catching big fishes. This model has a maximum drag of 20 lbs. with a gear ratio of 6.2:1.
This type of reel provides a nice transition, especially when you prefer an equipment that can resist large species. It is equipped with the latest technology to provide you with the best fishing experience on water.
Also Read - Best Duck Call For Beginners In 2018
- The Shimano Stradic 4000 is a strong and sturdy reel. The build feels tougher compared to other reels I’ve previously used.
- This reel works well in inshore fishing. It provides you plenty of drag to wheel in bigger fishes while giving you a smooth and powerful handling.
- It has a large ergonomic handle for ease of use.
- The body is manufactured with lightweight material making it easy to handle. It provides a better weight balance to prevent you from getting a strain or fatigue.
- It holds up well against harsh environments, especially with constant dunking and bumping. My fishing rod and reel are consistently abused and I am very pleased that the Shimano Stradic 4000 seems to perform well.
- In some instances, a fast reel may not be suitable depending on the situation. Since the STradic 4000 is fast, you may need to be more cautious when using it on some fishing tasks.
- It seems to lack line capacity.
- This reel may require more of your attention when it comes to maintenance.
- The bail tends to get stuck a few times.
Learn more in the following video:
The Shimano Stradic 4000 may be suitable for anglers who prefer a lightweight fishing reel yet expect it to perform well on more serious fishing expeditions. This type of reel may also be a good choice for both beginners and advanced fishermen.
Before buying your first fishing reel, make sure you do your research first. In this case, we highly recommend the Shimano Stradic 4000. It is reliable, strong, and user friendly.