Last Updated on
In the age of advanced technology, almost everyone is using a smart device for accomplishing the task easily. A portable fish finder is the gadget used by angling enthusiasts for getting better result.
A wide range of gadget varieties are available in the market to cater your fishing needs. A highly featured fish finder gadget is necessary for experiencing a satisfying fishing trip. Different models have different features associated with it. The gadgets are easily available both in online and offline market.
- 1 How to find the right one?
- 2 Flexible
- 3 The features
- 4 Specialty angling
- 5 User friendly
- 6 Garmin Striker Plus 4 with Dual-Beam transducer, 010-01870-00
- 7 Deeper PRO+ Smart Sonar - GPS Portable Wireless Wi-Fi Fish Finder for Shore and Ice Fishing
- 8 Garmin Striker 4 with Transducer, 3.5" GPS Fishfinder with CHIRP Traditional Transducer
- 9 Garmin STRIKER PLUS 4cv with CV20-TM transducer and Protective Cover, 4 inches 010-01871-00
- 10 Garmin Striker 7sv with Transducer, 7" GPS Fishfinder with Chirp Traditional, ClearVu and SideVu Scanning Sonar Transducer and Built in Quickdraw Contours Mapping Software
- 11 The Final verdict
How to find the right one?
With technological innovation, the gadgets are technologically transformed. Like all the other gadgets fish finders also technologically evolved with the advancement of technology. Who doesn’t want to buy a smart device that can cater all the requirements? To get the best one available in the market one should check the attributes they require in the gadget. The benefits of portable fish finders should be considered before buying one.
The castable transducer included in fish finder gadget helps in fishing in areas where the moving of the boat is minimum. The transducer is placed in a single position and provides the user the idea about riverbed to target the fish.
The fish finders are available in a wide range of varieties to choose from. You need to select the kind of fish finder which is best suited to your needs. The features are like quality, screen size, power; screen resolution, transducer and signal strength differs from device to device.
Sonar technology is incorporated in the fish finder devices. The feature serves great benefit for those who go for ice fishing. Several units of the device are built to withstand extreme temperature. So that, you can concentrate on fishing only.
The portable fish finder gadget can be carried to anywhere. The high featured device is very easy to use and operate. You can use it for fishing from land, water vessel or boat. The user friendly features made the device popular among all the age groups.
If you are confused about buying a fish finder, consider these attributes of the device before buying the right one. Fish finders are available both online and offline market. a number of marketers are available who provide you the gadget with different features and different price range. You should buy the one which is affordable and best suited for your fishing requirement.
Garmin Striker Plus 4 with Dual-Beam transducer, 010-01870-00
I have bought this fish finder six months back. It has GPS mapping, helps in spotting exact spot. This model is very good and user friendly. It works best even in low light condition and easy to install. It is highly recommended for commercial use. The features of this model are good but the services are not good enough. Overall it is good product and can be used for smooth fishing, do its job effectively.
• Easy to use
• Excellent display of the fish finder
• Transducer is very good
• Problem in depth reading
• Stopped working in between
Deeper PRO+ Smart Sonar - GPS Portable Wireless Wi-Fi Fish Finder for Shore and Ice Fishing
I am a commercial shrimper. I installed it on my motor. The model is useful in fishing beyond ten feet depth in water. I have mixed experience with this model of fish finder as it the battery got damaged after one year of use. The product is full of modern features but it is not durable. you can’t rely on it after one year.
• Strong sonar signal with sonar pro
• GPS mapping is amazing
• Good for ice fishing.
• Great feature associated with this model of fish finder
• Battery issue is there
• Not helpful for long run.
Garmin Striker 4 with Transducer, 3.5" GPS Fishfinder with CHIRP Traditional Transducer
The chirp of the fish finder is ultimate game changer. GPS helps to identify the hot spot. I have to buy battery and cable to make the fish finder functional. The model has very simple interface and very sensitive for reading the depth of water. Most accurate device ever.
• Budget friendly fish finder
• GPS is handy
• Accurate in calculating the speed and depth
• Helpful in tipping and pivoting
• Glare proof screen
• Have to buy additional accessories to make it functional
• Screen is blinking after using for few days
Garmin STRIKER PLUS 4cv with CV20-TM transducer and Protective Cover, 4 inches 010-01871-00
I have installed the fish finder to my trolling motor. It is a user friendly device. The night mode helps in fishing at night. The bright screen provides nice light. The device provides better idea about the structure and shape of down water. The battery volatage indicator is very helpful for me.
• Looks very good
• Ice fishing is easy with this model.
• Availability of night mode provides bright light
• Temperature monitor of surface water is available
• Not efficient for shallow water
• Doesn’t have installation instruction
Garmin Striker 7sv with Transducer, 7" GPS Fishfinder with Chirp Traditional, ClearVu and SideVu Scanning Sonar Transducer and Built in Quickdraw Contours Mapping Software
The SD card helps me to transfer tracks and waypoints. I am not so acquainted to technical gadgets but this one is very easy to install and use. I love this fish finder as I can use it commercially for fishing purpose.
• Comes with SD card so you can transfer data
• User friendly interface
• Can create and store maps
• ActiveCaptain app can be accessed
• 7 inch sunlight readable display
• Too pricey
• Product do not have user manual
• Doesn’t come with map
The Final verdict
Fish finders are now an essential device for the fishing professionals and the individuals who use this commercially. You have to choose the one model which can match your fishing requirement. For instance you should choose the model that is more user-friendly if you are not technically competent. The fish finder should be selected by the features associated with it.