This page was last updated in
This is a construction that targets the anglers who really need something traditional but with a modern appearance. The Daiwa Lexa 400 is such a product as it comes with handling features together with performance capabilities akin to those of the traditional baitcasting reel. But to modernize it, the power for bigger bait fishing as well as line capacity has been increased thus making it possible for the angler to target bigger fish using their reels. But what is it that is unique about this baitcasting reel? Stay on this Daiwa Lexa 400 review and get informed
- Extra line capacity thus allowing for stronger lines and facilitating for powerful fish hunting
- Magforce cast control system
- Aluminum side plate and frame
- 120mm super leverage handle
- 7 ball-bearing system
- Infinite anti-reverse system
- UTD (Ultimate Tournament carbon drag)
The Daiwa Lexa 400 Specifications
- 25 pounds of maximum drag capacity
- 4+2CRBB+1 ball bearing system
- Left and right retrieve options
- 16-ounce reel weight
- 17/245 line capacity
- 37.7 inches per turn recovery
- 55/300 braid capacity
Versatility and Choice
The product comes in three different model options with two offering the right retrieve performance and one for the left. These are the LEXA400HS, LEXA400H, and LEXA400HL respectively. These feature a great ratio of LEXA400HS-7.1:1, LEXA400H 6.3:1 and LEXA400HL 6.3:1
It features a hybrid combination of the traditional fish catching capabilities and modern technologies. The result is a product that can’t be surpassed by any other.
With extra line capacity, the angler is able to do long runs from those hard fighting predators. To make it even easier to catch these big reptiles and fish, the brand comes with a speedy 5.1:1 as well as the hyper-speed 7.1:1 gear ratios, with both of them boasting a 25-pound drag pressure, which is incredible.
The frames are built around the aircraft-grade aluminum material, with the side plate aluminum gear housing, both of which necessitates for lightweight and durability. As compared with stainless steel which is hyper-durable, aluminum is equally durable but lightweight. This makes the Daiwa Lexa 400 to be very portable hence great for using in bait casting even for many extended periods of time.
The ball bearing system is built around performance and durability features. It features a seven bearing system, which includes some four stainless steel bearings, 2 corrosion-resistant bearings as well as a roller bearing. Combining the seven into a unit ensures that the bait casting experience is the smoothest ever, with long-lasting durability being a guarantee.
Other Construction Features
It comes with an infinite anti-reverse feature, a Magforce cast control, and an Ultimate Tournament carbon drag, all of which have been factored in with one agenda in mind: to aid in catching big bait with ease and efficiency.
The Daiwa Lexa 400 happens to be the largest baitcasting reel in the Daiwa armory. It has therefore been designed and constructed with big bait, hence big fish catching in mind. The ball bearings ensure that there is a durable smooth responsive performance whereas the handle parts have ergonomic designs that make angling to be smooth, comfortable, and interesting indeed.
A keen analysis makes you understand that the manufacturer had all the angler needs and environmental concerns as well as bait casting factors during design and construction. This is because whereas the angler will be comfortable in his position, the targeted bait will be in constant danger, and the performance produced will be long-lasting and durable.
Benefits and Drawbacks
- Drag CapacityYou will hardly come across baitcasting reel that comes with a draw weight capability like the one provided by this reel. In fact, the majority come with draw weight capacities that are about half the capacity of the Daiwa Lexa 400
- Reputation Going through the Daiwa Lexa 400 reviews tells you that almost 100% of the users are 100% satisfied with the performance and construction, with the remaining being only dissatisfied with its small aspects. Such a reputation makes it inevitable that your chances of satisfaction will be almost 100%
- Advanced Technologies: Ideally, it would be almost impossible to catch bait using such a big frame reel. However, this reel features some advanced technologies that make it easy to catch the big fish with a lot of ease. The performance is far much better than the responsiveness of the smaller reels.
- Ambidextrous: Though there is not a single model that can offer both the left and right had performance, Daiwa produces different producers for either hand options hence you have the discretion of choosing what works best for you.
- It’s a bit pricey. However, when a ratio of performance to price is factored in, it emerges that the reel is very affordable. Use it once and you won’t regret any single cent used on it.
It is so fascinating how many users have started by researching a different product but ultimately ended up landing on the Daiwa Lexa 400 review. Nothing more can explain such an experience than the quality of product and performance. The gear ratio of the product together with its size and bait hunting capabilities has made more and more anglers to go for it rather than the less productive counterparts. All in all, the product is being given thumbs high because it is easy and fun to use.
I always like going for unique products and accessories and that’s why I like the Daiwa Lexa 400. It is not only the size of the reel that makes it unique but also the technologies behind the construction. The product ends up having the capacity to catch big bait. It has therefore been designed for use by those anglers who are targeting to catch bigger fish. All in all, catching bait with this kind of fishing accessory provides more fun than you have ever thought of. It is one of the best baitcasting reels we have on the market today.