Precisely what are the best fishing sunglasses under $100? What is their performance like? Are they good looking? Will they protect my eyes from the harmful UV rays? Will they improve my fishing experience?
Well, to find answers to your questions, take a minute and let’s go over what the best sunglasses for fishing are and that also cost under $100. I know this is a topic that most anglers on the budget would love to learn more about, so read on.
Here is a quick preview of our top 5:
#1. COSVER Men’s Sports Style Polarized Sunglasses
#2. Flying Fisherman Cabo Polarized Sunglasses
#3. Strike King Plus Sunglasses
#4. Filthy Anglers Superior Men’s Fishing Sunglasses
#5. Bnus Italy made classic sunglasses
Video Credit: Harry
What are the Best for Fishing?
Fishing is a great sport that provides lots of fun and fulfillment. But then, the experience of fishing can be dismayed due to the effects of the retracting glare of the water.
Fishing sunglasses, in this case, helps to protect your eyes from the harmful UV rays. Some sunglasses even allow you to see deep through the water surface making your fishing experience more fruitful.
Others especially designer sunglasses will add to your style and fashion during your fishing activities.
Now, most people think that buying expensive sunglasses is the best choice for their fishing escapades. But no, you don’t need to have the most expensive pair for you to enjoy your fishing experience.
The bottom line is to get sunglasses that can offer your eyes the needed protection against the harmful rays of the sun and that will improve your fishing experiences.
So are there decent quality fishing sunglasses that cost below $100?
Yes, there are. Understand that there is a wide variety of fishing sunglasses in the market and they all have different features and price ranges. Nonetheless, not many people are willing or can spend upwards $100 on a pair of these sunglasses regardless of how they can impact their fishing experience.
For this reason, we thought of coming up with the following list of the best 5 fishing sunglasses under $100.
Top 5 Best Fishing Sunglasses Under $100
Take note that while these may cost less than the typical high-end units, they are of both decent quality and aesthetic.
The COSVER Men’s sports style polarized sunglasses are a great pair of fishing glasses. These come with TAC enhanced polarized lenses that also have a 100% UV400 protection coat with 7 layers. The glasses feature a fashion frame design and are made out of sturdy aluminum-magnesium alloy. They have a perfect fit and work well in blocking the sun’s rays. You can wear any day, and they will still look good.
#Best fishing sunglasses under $30
- Very stylish and comfortable
- They are lightweight and durable
- They look nice and block out the sun well
- They seem to cause vision issues, i.e., wavy hazes
These Cabo sunglasses are designed from an angler’s perspective which is to provide you the ideal performance, comfort, and snug fit as well good style. The Flying Fisherman Cabo sunglasses has a frame that utilizes the finest materials and workmanship. The design is impeccable too.
While these might be the cheapest option in this list, they are no doubt one of the most cost-effective pairs of fishing sunglasses on the market today.
- They are quite snug and are not too dark
- They provide excellent visibility in the water
- The lens color is vivid
- The nose can be quite uncomfortable
- The plastic might look cheap for most
These Strike King Plus sunglasses are a good buy for those on a budget. They are equipped with advanced polarization technology (APT) that makes them all-weather, and resistant to harmful rays as well as scratches.
The scientifically engineered lens colors, advanced coatings, and the turquoise shell frame will ensure that you enjoy well-fitting, comfortable sunglasses with the optimal optical performance.
- They are affordable
- The APT lenses provide greater visual acuity
- Durable lens and frame
- Although they are of decent quality and durable, these sunglasses appear cheap at first sight which can be a turnoff for many.
The name may sound weird but trust me, the manufacturers of these sunglasses knew what they were doing when creating this unique unit for anglers.
According to the manufacturers, the term filthy means good, excellent, great, wicked…I mean all the good things and to be honest, they live up to this description with their bold styling, the plastic lightweight yet durable frame, and impact-resistant polycarbonate lenses.
#Best fishing sunglasses under $50
Filthy anglers have ensured that these sunglasses meet and exceed most fishing expectations.
- Provides enhanced visual acuity
- They are lightweight and durable
- Fit snugly and comfortable
- They are overall good quality sunglasses at an affordable price. There is nothing much to complain about these sunglasses
Besides being the most expensive unit in this list, the Bonus Italy sunglasses for fishing are unisex and make for excellent protective gear for fishing.
The unit will give you the highest quality and performance thanks to its unique UV400 corning glass lens. The glasses come with a Nano anti-oil coating that makes cleaning the unit a breeze.
Also, you must note that it has a 0.03 mm polarizing film that will help filter out glare when fishing and reducing fatigue thus making for a fantastic fishing experience.
- Variety of colors to choose from
- Provide excellent polarized protection
- Top-notch build quality
- The lenses are quite clear
- the frame tends to develop a weird smell after sometime
- the lenses are scratch-resistant
- the optics aren’t as excellent as the quality suggests
You may also enjoy the following links:
Things to Consider When Looking for Ideal Fishing Sunglasses
Here are a few things to factor in when shopping for this fishing gear;
- Lenses; this is a crucial part of sunglasses. They are responsible for protecting your eyes from harmful glare and rays of the sun. Therefore, ensure that you go for polarized and scratch-resistant lenses.
- Quality of the material; you need to ensure that the unit you purchase is made out of decent quality material that doesn’t chip break or discolors easily.
- Design and style; besides protecting your eyes, fishing sunglasses should add up to your style and fashion. So go for glasses that are comfortable to wear all around.
- Price; all the above things considered, you need to keep in mind that you are on a budget. Therefore you must adequately ensure that the price tag on your desired unit fits the price range of under $100 before making any purchases.
As we wind it up, you need to note that affordable doesn’t mean cheap. Therefore, when looking for the best sunglasses under $100, make sure that you buy from a trusted supplier and that you get a unit whose features suit your needs, taste, and preferences.
Of importance is to understand the difference between cheap and affordable, because until you do this, you won’t be able to make the right choice in fishing sunglasses.